Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Let It Be: My Daughter's Legacy
Ruthe Rosen with Lisa Greathouse
KARmedia LLC (2009)
ISBN 9780578006383
Reviewed by Laura Johnson for Reader Views (7/09)


Karla is caring, brave, courageous, and for many, a hero. At the age of 14, she was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor that would eventually result in her death. This is the story of her life, as written by her mother, Ruthe Rosen. Ms. Rosen shares intimate details of the journey Karla took before and during her illness and the results that came out of the celebration of Karla’s life. Ms. Rosen successfully intertwined journal entries from Karla to get a first-hand account of her thoughts as she was going through such an ordeal. The book is a celebration of Karla and her short time on earth and what she brought to all of those around her.

This is a short read that shows healing from a hurting family is possible and that not all death means an end. I recommend “Let It Be: My Daughter’s Legacy” by Ruthe Rosen to anyone that is looking for an inspirational read on the power of family, faith, life, and death.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read this. My mom actually has had 11 brain surgies because of a brain tumor starting when I was nine so about 19 years ago. I would love to read and see how this tramatic experience was for this girl.

    misty_labean@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete