Monday, June 13, 2016

Stephen King

As you might have guessed, I love books. I read just about anything I can get my hands on and author signing and events are right up my alley. On Saturday, a friend of mine went along with me to the famous Ryman Auditorium in Nashville to see the iconic Stephen King. Ann Patchett, herself an author of six novels and owner of Parnassus Books came out first to give information about the event. Much to my surprise, Donna Tartt, Pulitzer prize winner and author of The Goldfinch, took to the stage to give a very nice, detailed introduction of Stephen King. (By the way, if you have not read The Goldfinch-you must!)

King took the stage and for about an hour and a half, he talked about his life and writing, shared amazing stories, and took questions from the audience. He is very funny by the way, the audience laughed and clapped at his endeavors during most of the event. Everyone was given a copy of his latest book, End of Watch, and although I wasn't lucky enough to get a signed copy, there were about 400 attendees that did. The venue was quite strict on no pictures during the event but I am posting one of the stage before he came on.

I plan on started the book today so there will be an upcoming review. The book is the third in the Detective Hodges trilogy and I greatly enjoyed the first two. I encourage you to go get all three. (Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers)

Are you interested in what King reads? He recommended Below the Fall by Noah Hawley and The Fireman by Joe Hill. (A little book trivia-Joe Hill is King's son.)

Please comment with your favorite Stephen King book as I now have to make sure and read everything he has written.

No comments:

Post a Comment