Sunday, October 24, 2010

Online Book Club

I have wanted to belong to a book club for a good while and I have attempted to start one before. However, I have had a hard time finding members that wanted to stick with it or had time to fit one into their busy schedules. I recently posted on facebook that I was starting one and had some responses, yet once I contacted those that said they were interested, all have now backed out except for one person. So I thought that I would post here on my blog to see if there was any interest in an online book club.

Here are the details:
*The group will start in January.
*We will read one book a month.
*We will converse about the book through email. I can set up a chat room for a specific time as well, if there is interest in that.
*Everyone will get to suggest books and the group will vote on the selection to be read next.
*We will read a variety of genres.

Would you like to join? I sure hope so. Please email me at laura.leahj@gmail.com or leave a comment here with your email address to join. Please also send me a suggestion of a book you would like added to our possible reads list. I need suggestions by November 1 so we can get started voting on the January selection.

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to what the book selection will be for January. That will always help in deciding whether people want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more to Mystery Genre. So i really wants to join this club but my concern is if the book selected to read is of different genre then. I am willing to join this club. I would suggest Hell's Corner by David Baldacci.

    patelmona0113 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mona, I most enjoy the mystery genre. I am not a big fan of romance, and do not read any fantasy, sci-fi, or paranormal. I enjoy "women's fiction" as well.
    I think I would like to join this group.
    A couple of books that I think might make for good group reads are Still Alice by Lisa Genova, Hidden Wives by Claire Avery.
    I know you are a member of goodreads, as we are friends there, but I wonder if you are a member of any reading groups there. I have joined a couple, and it seems to work great. We have 2 books, a month and you are not obligated to read them, and we have discussion threads for the selected books. We also have a section where we discuss any other books we would like to talk about. We also do "buddy reads" where a few members read a book at the same time and can either discuss as they go, or once finished. I LOVE my group! It might be worth checking out!
    lusravesandrants AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see anywhere to follow with GFC or Twitter...

    My name is Connie, and I think I'd invest in another Virginia Woolf novel

    thebluebookcase AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please start a monthly book club at goodreads. Anyone can start their own group! Then come back here and post the link to it. In fact, start a new post on your blog about it. If you start it on goodreads, you'll get more members.

    ReplyDelete