Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Review: The Fashion File

Title: The Fashion File: Advice, Tips, and Inspiration from the Costume Designer of Mad Men
Author: Janie Bryant with Monica Corcoran Harel
ISBN: 978-0-446-57271-2
Publisher: Grand Central Life and Style: A division of Hachette Books
Published Date: October 2010

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.


Synopsis:
From Joan's Marilyn Monroe-esque pencil skirts to Betty's classic Grace Kelly cupcake dresses, the clothes worn by the characters of the phenomenal AMC series Mad Men have captivated fans everywhere. In The Fashion File, Emmy Award-winning costume designer Janie Bryant lets you peek into the dressing rooms of Mad Men, revealing the design process behind the various characters' looks and showing you how to find your own leading lady style-whether it's vintage, modern, classic, or bohemian.

My review:
I would like to start off by saying I have never watched Mad Men and I am not familiar with any of the characters. However, this is a great book on fashion. It gives information on the how the characters are dressed and how to make yourself look good based on your body type. It offers tips to make sure you look good from your head to your toes. I particularly liked that the book taught you how to accessorize and change up any outfit to make it look fantastic. I think this book is a must for anyone interested in fashion and how to make yourself look good in anything you wear.




No comments:

Post a Comment