Sunday, January 17, 2010

Review-Hearing From God Each Morning by Joyce Meyer

Hearing From God Each Morning by Joyce Meyer
FaithWords: A division of Hachette Books
ISBN: 978-0-446-55785-6

I received a copy of this book free from FaithWords to review and post on this blog.

Joyce Meyer's new book is a devotional for each day of the year. Each day starts with a theme, followed by a Bible verse, and then a short passage that ties the theme and verse together. At the end of the devotional, Meyer has a short item she calls "God's Word For You Today" where she challenges the reader to complete an activity for the day. These challenges are things such as "Thank God for twenty things today before you ask Him for anything" or "Use your Spiritual Ears."

Although we are only a few weeks into the year, I am enjoying this devotional. If you are like me, mornings are hectic and there isn't much time in the rush to get ready and get out the door on your way to work. I don't have children, as many of you do, but I do have an hour's commute to work each morning and I find that this is short enough to read and start my day without having to interrupt the usual routine. It is a great way to start off your day with God with a short devotional to keep in mind until later in the day when you have more time to devote to Bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment