Friday, May 21, 2010
Giveaway-Alibi by Teri Woods
I have 5 copies of this book to giveaway. Please leave a comment with your email address to enter. The contest is open to US and Canada but no PO Box addresses please. Winners will be chosen on June 24.
Two men think they've found the perfect opportunity--a chance to rob the stash house of Simon Shuller, one of Philadelphia's biggest drug lords. But their plans are spoiled when one of Shuller's men catches them as they break into the stash house. Temperatures flare as the men capture Shuller's worker, Poncho, and force him to show them the goods. What they didn't expect was for Poncho's partner to be armed and very dangerous. An altercation breaks out and when the smoke clears, Nard, Poncho's accomplice, is the only one left standing. Thinking quickly, Nard cleans shop and makes his escape, but not before being spotted by a few neighbors. Not wanting to kill anyone else, he makes a mad dash for the streets but wonders if the witnesses will give up his identity. What he needs now is a plausible alibi. If he doesn't come up with one fast, it could mean life in prison, or death on the streets.
READING GROUP GUIDE
1. Did you the reader think that Daisy should have given Nard the
2. Did she do the right thing by not testifying on his behalf ?
3. Do you think Daisy would be considered a snitch for not giving
4. What do you think happened to Reggie Carter?
5. Who do you think Daisy Mae Fothergill was pregnant by?
6. Do you think she should have kept the baby or do you agree with
her decision to have the abortion?
7. Do you think that she and Billy would have gotten married if
no one found her in Murfreesboro, Tennessee?
8. What would her mother have said if she were alive?
9. How many deaths were there related to the alibi in this book?
10. What should Daisy have done differently?
11. How can other young girls learn from her?