Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Top 10 Jailbird Books

I am always interested in book lists and what others are reading. I find it interesting in how books are picked for top lists and just what makes them the best ones to read. I came across this article today on the top 10 jailbird books and wanted to share. For more information on each book you can go to this site.


1. Orange Is The New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman
2. Newjack: Guarding Sing Sing by Ted Conover
3. Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg
4. You Got Nothing Coming by Jimmy Lerner
5. Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison by Michel Foucault
6. Soul On Ice by Eldridge Cleaver
7. Memoirs from the Women's Prison by Nawal el Saadawi
8. Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison by T.J. Parsell
9. Inside: Life Behind Bars in America by Michael Santos
10.Long Road Home: Testimony of a North Korean Camp Survivor by Young Kim

Have you read any of these? What did you think? Leave a comment and let me know which ones you think I need to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment